Pitching opportunity for startups/scale-ups
Ten startups get the opportunity to pitch in front of a top-notch jury at the amazing Tour & Taxis site in Brussels on Wednesday, June 08, 2016. It's a unique opportunity to meet and network with C-level industry leaders, entrepreneurs, designers, developers, investors, press & media working in the Internet of Things (IoT) ecosystem.
The event is organized by Agoria, the Belgian federation for the technology industry and IoTBE vzw, the Belgian cluster of IoT high-tech companies & startups. Ten startups/scale-ups with IoT solutions for the following domains will be selected.
We are looking for IoT solutions for companies engaged in the design, manufacturing, import, sale, installation and/or supply of services, products, systems or solutions for the construction and equipment of residential and non-residential buildings.
Energy Systems & Solutions
We are looking for IoT solutions for companies engaged in the energy market, including suppliers of solutions for the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity from conventional, renewable and nuclear energy sources
Production Technology & Mechatronics
We are looking for IoT solutions for companies which supply machinery, components and solutions for the production equipment of the processing and the manufacturing industry. These companies are active in the entire production chain: simple industrial machines or components, plan construction, supply and integration of systems, specific maintenance services for machinery and components.
Depending on the number of applications, 20 startups/scale-ups will be invited for the semi-final on Friday May 20th from 3PM to 6.30PM in the Diamant Building in Brussels. The 10 finalists will win their ticket for The Industrial IoT Innovators Challenge at the IoT Convention Europe and will meet and network with C-level industry leaders and investors and gain press & media visibility.
Applications must be sent before May 13th (midnight) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 10 finalists will receive a highlevel training on the art of pitching before the final at the Convention. This training will be given by Roald Sieberath, entrepreneur, startup coach & lecturer. The finalists will also have the opportunity to expose their project on the Agoria booth during the IoT Convention Europe.
The winner of the final will receive a one year coaching by top level experts from Agoria, including mentoring to co-innovate on a joint proof of concept with an Agoria member company if the proposed project fits in their strategy. IoTBE vzw will offer a Premium Membership worth 2500 euro for one year.
Nexans Benelux, SA-NV:
Delvaux Bernard, CEO Nexans Benelux
Daikin Europe, NV:
Dieryckx Martin, Assistant Director Environment Research Center
Gommeren Ward, Managing Director
Renson Ventilation, NV:
Lambert Yves, Public Affairs Manager
ZF Wind Power Antwerpen, NV:
Peeters Joris, Head of Technology & Advanced engineering
Van Betsbrugge Wim, Team Manager R&D
Bosch Thermotechnology, NV:
Berckx Joost, Product Management Technical field support heat pumps
Aldes Benelux, SA:
Cloosen Jean-Marc, Directeur général
Demaegdt Bart, Technical Consultant
Depré Bruno, Business Development and Innovation Manager
SA de Vente des Equipements TRANE, SA:
Gorgemans Xavier, CEO & Sales Director
Lippens Ulrike, Business Development Manager
Maes Edwin, Manager R&D
Ostyn Geert, VP Weaving Machines
ACV International, NV:
Schmitz Jean-François, Marketing Manager
Vasco Group, NV:
Ulens Herman, CTO - Chief Technical Officer
Van den Berghe Steven, Senior Advisor Software engineering & ICT
Vero Duco, NV:
Verbrugge Stefan, Innovation Manager
- startups & scale-ups of maximum 20 employess on the payroll
- startups & scale-ups should present their project in maximum 5 minutes
- only IoT concepts, services or products related to the 3 domains mentioned above
- language: english
Maximum 1 A4 paper addressing following criteria (applications must be sent before May 13th midnight):
- Assessing the need: an analysis of the market needs. Does the proposed project address a significant and critical problem in one of the 3 proposed domains?
- Well defined target: characteristics of the market and targeted population. Does the proposed project adequately descrive the problem it hopes to address?
- Creativity: a demonstration that the proposed solution displays a unique project approach. does the proposal approach the problem in an innovative, exciting and dynamic way?
- Feasability: a demonstration that the project can be successfully implemented. Does the initiative aspire towards clear, realistic and achievable goals, while thinking big? Can it be implemented effectively?
- Management: an assessment of the entrepreneur(s) and team. Does the entrepreneurial team possess the skills and experience required to translate the plan into action? Can they demonstrate the passion, commitment and perseverance required to overcome inevitable obstacles?
- Presentation: overall effectiveness of the actual presentation